Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hurricane IKE

This hurricane was the first hurricane that I've ever adventured in my whole life. In Egypt where I used to live, we didn't have any hurricanes or tornadoes, ever. So this was my first experience.
However, our neighborhood here in America was looking bad. Trees on the streets, fences on the ground, flooding water on the roads, that wasn't a good view. I was excited when they first said that there was a hurricane was going to strike Houston. I thought that it was going to be exciting to adventure my first hurricane. But the day after the hurricane, I didn't even imagine that it was going to be just some strong wind, like we had in Egypt. At my house, the glass broke. It wasn't the wind that broke it, but it was the dish from the top of the roof. It fell of the roof, but it was still attached to the wire. So it went swinging in the air, and then smashed into the window. I was surprised to see all these things happen from the hurricane.

No comments: